Nintendo Towers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too!

+3
Noodle link
ShadowHyrule
BADGER!
7 posters

Go down

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Empty The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too!

Post by BADGER! Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:09 pm

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2

Super Mario Galaxy was first shown at E3 2006 and enjoyed a high level of pre-release awareness. The game is one of the most critically acclaimed titles of all time,and has won numerous "Game of the Year" awards including a BAFTA.

Now at E3 2009 a sequel was announced which can be watched here.
From the trailer we can see the gameplay appears to be similar to Super Mario Galaxy, with a focus on platforming based on and around 3D planets of varying sizes and landscapes. Power-ups such as the Bee Suit will be making a return, along with the Star Sling for interplanetary navigation, and the Airships operated by Bowser Jr in its predecessor.

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! 1

Mario will be able to ride Yoshi, who can use his tongue to swing across gaps, as well as eat different fruits that give him different properties, such as the ability to float with an "Air" timer and to run fast. The blue star cursor from Super Mario Galaxy has been replaced with a red dot, allowing the player to aim and control Yoshi's tongue.

New items and features showcased include:

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Super-mario-galaxy-2-20090602012057393_640w

.A drill that Mario can carry, allowing him to drill through dirt surfaces and entire planets, accessing new areas or attacking a boss's weakpoint for massive damage,

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Super-mario-galaxy-2-20090602012050472_640w

.A black-and-white switch that slows down time, meaning enemies and obstacles will move slowly.

.More detailed grass and plant-life, and seemingly improved horizon,

.Particle and cloud effects

.A shrunken Mario level similar to Tiny-Huge Island in Super Mario 64.

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Super-mario-galaxy-2-20090602012052378_640w

However Miyamoto stated that there will be no new power-ups for Galaxy 2. Although there's going to be power-ups for Yoshi. SO far we've seen.

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Super-mario-galaxy-2-20090602012046644_640w

A red Yoshi who appears to go at fast speeds, which can be used to get to high places easier or just get somewhere fast! This could be used for things such as races, more news coming soon!

There's also a bloated blue Yoshi. This Yoshi is full of water which Mario can use for various things. Although all we've seen so far is, Mario using him to get to high places. I'd imagine this would have some really innovative use, just like Super Mario Sunshine.

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Super-mario-galaxy-2-20090602012055659_640w

News
Reggie claims Galaxy 2 is for the "hardcore"
Only 90% new?
Miyamoto speaks!
No new Mario power-ups?
Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be geared for hardcore gamers
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is aimed at "experienced gamers" - Miyamoto

Videos

E3 2009 Tease - (ONM Chris's Annotated Version) ~ Rewind Theater
BADGER!
BADGER!
Admin

Score : 114

https://nintendotowers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Empty Re: The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too!

Post by ShadowHyrule Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:16 pm

I shall now copy my Guide onto this thread XD
ShadowHyrule
ShadowHyrule
Mario Bro.
Mario Bro.

Score : 73

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too! Empty Re: The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread ~ Yes, it is here too!

Post by Noodle link Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:35 pm

I'll probably be adding this to my basket, looks awesome!
Noodle link
Noodle link
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Score : 154

http://flipnote.hatena.com/9DACCB60AA38E968@DSi/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrT-Tar Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 am

I will almost certainly get this game when its released, I loved the first and I'm sure I will love this
MrT-Tar
MrT-Tar
Mario Bro.
Mario Bro.

Score : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodle link Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:46 am

MrT-Tar wrote:I will almost certainly get this game when its released, I loved the first and I'm sure I will love this
Never realized you were a mod T-Tar.
Noodle link
Noodle link
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowHyrule Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 am

Noodle link wrote:
MrT-Tar wrote:I will almost certainly get this game when its released, I loved the first and I'm sure I will love this

Badger is still choosing them, so be good and you might get a pick.
ShadowHyrule
ShadowHyrule
Mario Bro.
Mario Bro.

Score : 73

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodle link Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:20 am

ShadowHyrule wrote:
Noodle link wrote:

Badger is still choosing them, so be good and you might get a pick.
Yeah, he told me. I've been a good boy!

Anyway, back onto the discussion of galaxy 2, we need the mini mush in this game!
Noodle link
Noodle link
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabarl Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am

At the moment, I'm not very excited about it, despite the fact Super Mario Galaxy is my favourite Wii game. I don't know why.

- But the appearance of this game at the E3 was kinda jarring. In the back of my mind, I'd been hoping for a sequel, but I didn't think Nintendo would ever do it. But they did. And the logo for the game looked exactly as how I imagined it in my head - as typical as it is.

It's all too surreal and familiar, all at the same time.

Nabarl
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Score : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodle link Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 am

Nabarl wrote:At the moment, I'm not very excited about it, despite the fact Super Mario Galaxy is my favourite Wii game. I don't know why.

- But the appearance of this game at the E3 was kinda jarring. In the back of my mind, I'd been hoping for a sequel, but I didn't think Nintendo would ever do it. But they did. And the logo for the game looked exactly as how I imagined it in my head - as typical as it is.

It's all too surreal and familiar, all at the same time.
I'm sure they will change the logo, but maybe the title as well?
Super mario Universe would be awesome!
Noodle link
Noodle link
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Back to top Go down

Post by MrT-Tar Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 am

I myself want 'tantagala' or whatever he is called (the villian from Super Mario Land) to make a cameo. The fact he was not in Galaxy seemed like a missed opputinity to me
MrT-Tar
MrT-Tar
Mario Bro.
Mario Bro.

Score : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Noodle link Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:48 am

MrT-Tar wrote:I myself want 'tantagala' or whatever he is called (the villian from Super Mario Land) to make a cameo. The fact he was not in Galaxy seemed like a missed opputinity to me
Hey, that's a brill idea!
Newbies aren't going to have any idea who he is though.

It's Tatanga by the way.
Noodle link
Noodle link
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku scrub Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Yay i haz
Deku scrub
Deku scrub
An Alimighty Fire Flower
An Alimighty Fire Flower

Score : 787

https://nintendotowers.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku scrub Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:04 am

Yay i completed itz
Deku scrub
Deku scrub
An Alimighty Fire Flower
An Alimighty Fire Flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaming98 Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:57 am

Deku scrub wrote:Yay i completed itz
i did it first lol.
Gaming98
Gaming98
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Score : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku scrub Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:18 pm

^BAN REQUEST^
Deku scrub
Deku scrub
An Alimighty Fire Flower
An Alimighty Fire Flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaming98 Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:49 pm

^BAN REQUEST^
Gaming98
Gaming98
Super Mario!
Super Mario!

Score : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku scrub Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Who? Your the only one (as of now) the 2nd page,pointing upwards just leads to the banner
Deku scrub
Deku scrub
An Alimighty Fire Flower
An Alimighty Fire Flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down